Idea: Changes to basilisks and no changes to booster

Request new features or present your ideas.
lamefun
Tyrant

Idea: Changes to basilisks and no changes to booster

Post by lamefun »

I've always thought of booster as of underdeveloped basilisks attached to roots. I think of making advanced basilisks more powerful and booster-like.

• Remove the current basilisk model and replace it with more detailed version of the old one (it looks more like a booster).

• Make so basilisk gas damages only humans without helmet or battlesuit.

• Make basilisk gas really poisonous, it should have the same effect as poison of an alien who thouched a booster.

• Make the basilisk able to give poison to other aliens, just as powerful as booster poison.

• Make the basilisk swipes poisonous to the extent where it can't be fully healed with medkit (human continues to receive 2 damage per second for 15 seconds even after taking a medkit). Basilisk swipe poison can only be fully healed by medistation.

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Re: Idea: Changes to basilisks and no changes to booster

Post by E-Mxp »

This would make it way overpowered and remove the need for a booster.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

I have to agree with E-Mxp. Your suggestions would render the booster redundant although I do like how it would encourage people to go basi. Few people seem to realize how effective basi gas can be in a larger fight - especially since it slows the enemy down.

Might I suggest some alternatives:

• Make basi gas reduce the effectiveness of the medkit.
  • Have the basi gas activate some sort of distortion post-process on the victim's screen.
  • Play a farting sound when basi uses (passes) gas.
KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

EckleckLighat wrote:

I have to agree with E-Mxp. Your suggestions would render the booster redundant although I do like how it would encourage people to go basi. Few people seem to realize how effective basi gas can be in a larger fight - especially since it slows the enemy down.

Might I suggest some alternatives:

• Make basi gas reduce the effectiveness of the medkit.
  • Have the basi gas activate some sort of distortion post-process on the victim's screen.
  • Play a farting sound when basi uses (passes) gas.

Basi gas is useless, why would you use gas when you can kill any human who is vulnerable to gas in two swipes?

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

Ever been gassed while fighting an alien that requires a little bit of focus (goon/rant)? Not fun. You instantly lose your ability to dodge, dance, and aim (to an extent).
It's very effective against chasers. The disorientation also gives the basi time to flee in case they have a flamer/luci/suit.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

EckleckLighat wrote:

Ever been gassed while fighting an alien that requires a little bit of focus (goon/rant)? Not fun. You instantly lose your ability to dodge, dance, and aim (to an extent).
It's very effective against chasers. The disorientation also gives the basi time to flee in case they have a flamer/luci/suit.

It's not effective, it's stupid. Why would you gas him when you can just kill him instead?

lamefun
Tyrant

Post by lamefun »

You can't prevent suit from turning. Luci can make their cannon explode, possibly killing them but also it can kill you. Flamers can direct their flame into floor, damaging them and also you. Remember you can't fully prevent human without suit from turning.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

lamefun wrote:

You can't prevent suit from turning. Luci can make their cannon explode, possibly killing them but also it can kill you. Flamers can direct their flame into floor, damaging them and also you. Remember you can't fully prevent human without suit from turning.

That doesn't matter, you can only use gas on naked humans, therefore you can kill them with 2 swipes (doesn't matter what weapon they have).

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

In GPP gas affects all the humans regardless of their armor (the time of effect depends).

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Asvarox wrote:

In GPP gas affects all the humans regardless of their armor (the time of effect depends).

Yeah... I suspected that.
derp