Menu help

Get support for Unvanquished.
Complex

Menu help

Post by Complex »

Maybe I haven't read enough or it's been answered before, but I cannot click anything in the menu when I start up Unvanquished. The console and the game show up and my mouse does highlight the menu options, but cannot enter or click them. Any fix or anything I'm missing?

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Menu help

Post by Ishq »

PC means you are on Windows? Could you give us the output of Unvanquished and maybe a screenshot?

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I've had this bug before in tremulous. My only solution i know is to alt tap to another window and alt tab back or to press console key [`/~ which is left of "1" usually] and click in and out of the window. I don't know about fullscreen, but it works with windowed mode.

When it happens to me, it's because my mouse is captured into the window even though the "window isn't being currently used" [see the taskbar* if its "open" or not]
*It's the one with the start menu and things.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Complex

Post by Complex »

Output? What do you mean? and yeah windows

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

With output, he means the messages the console (and terminal if you happen to run it in one) prints. You can save the latest lines by using /condump <filename>.

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

ekkothegecko

Post by ekkothegecko »

I have this same problem. There's not much to output or screenshot. Whenever I try to click something on the main menu, it just resets the background music. None of the buttons actually work. I've already re installed once, to no avail. Pressing enter flashes the console quickly, and the log shows that it's just a blank line. So, my guess is that it always thinks the console is open. I tried doing /+attack to force a mouse click, but it had no effect. The arrow keys are non functional as well.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Go to your Unvanquished data directory, the one with all the .pk3 files. Make sure you have pak0 through pak9, and pakA.

Once you have verified this, look for any vms files. If you have any, delete them and replace them with the latest one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/unvanqu ... 3/download

ekkothegecko

Post by ekkothegecko »

kharnov wrote:

Go to your Unvanquished data directory, the one with all the .pk3 files. Make sure you have pak0 through pak9, and pakA.

Once you have verified this, look for any vms files. If you have any, delete them and replace them with the latest one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/unvanqu ... 3/download

This was the solution