Bots on NA server

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
ViruS
Granger

Bots on NA server

Post by ViruS »

Did an admin forget to put them back, or were they intentionally removed?
I don't mind bots, as long as it isn't flooded with bots like they were in the previous alphas.
Then there was only 8 bots, that was fine. I think 6 bots [3 per team] is the best choice, maybe two per team. Anyway, put them back on pls? Its boring by myself :(

Btw, when will fuma's layout-building bot code be implemented?

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Re: Bots on NA server

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

Did an admin forget to put them back, or were they intentionally removed?
I don't mind bots, as long as it isn't flooded with bots like they were in the previous alphas.
Then there was only 8 bots, that was fine. I think 6 bots [3 per team] is the best choice, maybe two per team. Anyway, put them back on pls? Its boring by myself :(

Btw, when will fuma's layout-building bot code be implemented?

I suggest that we add them back, but include an option to vote them off a map.

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

Maybe add an option to add bot's though vote.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Yeah, i've said that many times as wel in the past. Here's a few vote combinations possible:

Code: Select all

callvote map [mapname] [layout] (layouts execs a config that enables/disables bots)
callvote map [mapname] [layout] [config] (similar to above, but the config is seperate)
callvote bots (vote toggle, with a centerprint showing its on/off after the vote has finished]
botson (a simple command to see if bots are enabled/disabled similar to how gametime works)
callteamvote botbuild (en/dis-ables the bots building once the code has been implemented)
maclag wrote:

Ah! I forgot: suggestion for bots management (found that was discussed elsewhere: "put back bots in NA server").
All maps should have a defined minimum number of players. Policy would be: if number not reached, then add a bot. If number reached, then any human connecting kicks out a bot. If human disconnect, bot comes back and take over.

Or that :D

ImageImageYou[TubeImage