Award for killing spawns

Request new features or present your ideas.
lamefun
Tyrant

Re: Award for killing spawns

Postby lamefun » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:23 pm UTC

Comet_
Mantis

Postby Comet_ » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 pm UTC

GORE
Dretch

Postby GORE » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:14 pm UTC

I noticed another guy mentioned the same thing over a year ago , but nothing has changed.
I mean its huge to even kill a turret in the swarm of bullets, you desperately go all in for that. What's the point to even try penetrate the base when you get no points for it and end up being a dretch?

Every time this happens I ragequit, the game could last over 1h when it should end in less than 30min. Can someone tell me how many more alpha releases until this have been resolved?
lamefun
Tyrant

Postby lamefun » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:39 pm UTC

Super-true.
Viech
Project Head

Postby Viech » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:29 pm UTC

Responsible for: & , (map), (map texture editor), (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction
GORE
Dretch

Postby GORE » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 am UTC

Last edited by GORE on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ishq
Project Head

Postby Ishq » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am UTC

I agree to some extent. We definitely want to reward killing bases, especially critical structures like drills/leeches/spawns/OM/RC, but we also don't want to penalize teams for building forwards either. Perhaps the best way to do this, and something I've been meaning to do for a while now is to scale rewards (momentum and monetary) for killing structures with the distance to the main buildable. ie, forwards give less money/momentum, while structures close to the OM/RC will net much more. What do you think?
illwieckz
Project Head

Postby illwieckz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:15 am UTC

It would mean forward bases are more disposable, it can encourage to build them in either way (territory capture is less risky), but in another way by making the territory disposable, it does not encourage to defend it a lot, so in long term it probably discourage the capture despite the short term first impression. In fact, the game is already heavily centralized because of the single point of failure which are RC and OM, I'm not sure we need to increase the centralization more, it's probably strong enough.
This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”