New theme

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

New theme

Post by kharnov »

The new forum theme is up! You can all thank Gireen for it, he's ported over the site assets and made some adjustments to the stock theme we were using. We purposely went with a light theme, because dark themes aren't very good for reading large amounts of text.

Any feedback and/or remarks?

Tom
Dragoon

Re: New theme

Post by Tom »

It's very pleasing to the eye. :wink: The only thing I do not like is the orange color of links when the mouse in on them, perhaps a lighter shade of blue would be better.

krtv`

Post by krtv` »

o/ yay light theme superiority!!

also yay the user column stuff in posts is on the left side now!

love the new theme, nice work!

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

There's a small bug where the tyrant image in the header prevents you from clicking anything underneath it, like the email or print buttons in a thread. Metal pointed this out to me:

Also, I'm not getting favicons for either the site or the forums showing up anymore. I only get a generic white page icon. Can we get that set up again?

Lastly, the "by author on date/time" underneath the thread title on each post is a little distracting. It's a little pointless to list the author on each post, because it already says who posted it on the left. Can we just have the post time moved underneath the avatar somewhere?

Here is what I mean:

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

@kharnov
yes
yes
no, the post date belongs to the post and not into the profile. the 2. name is there to see while a reply. :bugeyes:

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Can you at least make it less distracting somehow? Maybe only make it show up when you hover over a post, like the buttons?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

It's not distracting. The date is very relevant to the post.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I like the header and background and all, but the orange/blue/light grey/white color scheme of the forum application as such doesn't fit it at all. I know some people prefer dark on bright text over the opposite, but it simply doesn't work combined with the dark style we use elsewhere. There are readable and fitting dark styles available for our forum application and we should use one of them.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction