Profiles, autogens etc.

Get support for Unvanquished.
ViruS
Granger

Profiles, autogens etc.

Post by ViruS »

Well first thing: I cannot start up without doing +set cl_renderer gl EVERY time. So i created a shortcut for convenience.
Anyways, the reason for this is because i have a weird bug since the profile stuff was implemented: The autogen resets every or two start ups. Meaning i have to resize, name, exec binds.cfg [i recently made one so i don have to manually type /bind h "echo grenthrow/buy;vsay_team grenade" etc.] but it does kinda still annoy me that i have to do this every single or two start-ups. Loading profile does not load things like r_customheight so i still have to use the binds.cfg. Besides, its easier exec it rather than opening the profile, and also exec binds.cfg, makes no reason to do so.

OS is windows XP btw.

**Should i post this on github rather?

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Profiles, autogens etc.

Post by Ishq »

Can you give a condump when it resets?

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

It doesn't give a condump, it just starts up as if it was recently installed every startup... which annoys me most. No record of erasing, creating etc... Just a normal exit, and a normal "new" start up. If i can find a screen-recorder that records a portion of the screen, i'll try it...
Note: This error doesn't happen every time, like i said, happens approximately every two start ups. Repeating the same method does nothing usually, i need a way to figure out how it happens, but its just as unlikely to finding out why i get the blue screen of death every day on my old computer... [no new drivers available, ignore it anyway, i dont use it anymore]

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

No, could run daemon with

Code: Select all

Daemon.exe > log.txt

and upload the log?

danmal

Post by danmal »

you may need to run Daemon.exe 2> log.txt instead.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Seems to be starting up fine, maybe i have to turn off the computer first...
It kinda happens randomly so i can't quite figure a pattern how to get it...
Turniing off the computer doesn't get it to reset either... ill just wait until i get another graphics crash... besides i get them about four times a day :)
i'll show you the log once i get it to reset
edit: It does not record anything to the console, i checked it. Theres no point posting it.