Unvanquished Suggestions: Humans

Request new features or present your ideas.
RustyNaps

Unvanquished Suggestions: Humans

Post by RustyNaps »

Well heres my human stuff I came up with to coincide with the aliens stuff I made up so it would be balanced. Because apparently some people cant read and make my posts seem completely incorrect about matters coughViruscough. So to clear things up here is some new human stuff/assets for teh bases

POUNDER: A double barreled shotgun variant of the regular, fires twice the pellets that the regular would do. Due to this duel action and the ammo case attached there was no room for the reload mechanism so you have to manually put in rounds and cock it with a shake motion.

COLT BLASTER: A bigger version of the blaster, this one has a much faster projectile and much more carnage dished out. Due to this higher out put in damage the colt actually has rounds instead of the regular blaster that takes the energy around it to make it's next shot. This also makes it have a faster fire rate.

ANTI ARMOR ROCKET LAUNCHER: Or nicknamed by the humans "Claymore Launcher" the AARL is next to as devastating as the Lucifer Cannon. Due to its Anti Armor capabilities it can quickly put an end to a Tyrant in a couple of rockets, Dragoons in 1 if you can hit them. The reason why it's not as powerful as the Lucifer cannon is because the blast radius is very small because the rockets have a directed blast towards the head of the rocket so most of the explosion is focused on the target.

GAUSS RIFLE: The prototype of the Mass Driver that was scrapped years ago is now getting a lot of hype because after a salvage team got assaulted in an abandon military base by the aliens and all they had to fight them with was regular rifles until one of them found a warehouse full of the Gauss Rifles. Now the Gauss Rifle is being mass produced as a marksman rifle. Sure it's not as powerful as the Mass Driver nor does it have a great scope but it has a much better rate of fire, firing 2 rounds per second makes it also good with range and close quarter's combat.

MEDIUM ARMOR: An Advanced version of the light armor, adds more protection, allows 2% more ammo to be held. Reduces speed by 4%. immune
to ADV Dretch possession

HEAVY ARMOR: Advanced version of the light armor, adds alot more protection, allows 3% more ammo to be held. Reduces speed by 8%. immune
to ADV Dretch possession

BATTLE SUIT: Allows for max protection, has a built in battery pack, radar and thrust jets. Makes user invulnerable to balisk gasses and ADV Dretch possession also makes user immune to drowning and softens some of the blow of acids and lava.

PULSE TURRET: Like the machine gun turret but instead uses the same tech in the pulse rifle. This adds for extra damage against larger targets.

CLAMP TURRET: Like to machine gun turret but smaller and does less damage but can be put on walls or ceilings.

THRUST PACK: Like the jet pack but instead uses bursts of energy to move at fast speeds, usually used when trying to dodge a dragoons pounce at the last second or a tyrants trample or simply just trying to get the hell out of an area. Unlike the jetpack though it has an energy cell that needs to recharge after each use also you need light armor and above so your legs wont get charred by the heat.

Well this is all I got today for some fresh ideas. Keep up the good work guys I see alot of potential in this game!

seana11
Tyrant

Re: Unvanquished Suggestions: Humans

Post by seana11 »

Some of these are good, and some are crappy, here's my take on them:

RustyNaps wrote:

Well heres my human stuff I came up with to coincide with the aliens stuff I made up so it would be balanced. Because apparently some people cant read and make my posts seem completely incorrect about matters coughViruscough. So to clear things up here is some new human stuff/assets for teh bases

POUNDER: A double barreled shotgun variant of the regular, fires twice the pellets that the regular would do. Due to this duel action and the ammo case attached there was no room for the reload mechanism so you have to manually put in rounds and cock it with a shake motion.

Just make each clip hold only one shot, double the reload time, and give 10 clips or so. Like in Doom. (IMO, this would be very awesome, and make dueling larger aliens more feasible)

COLT BLASTER: A bigger version of the blaster, this one has a much faster projectile and much more carnage dished out. Due to this higher out put in damage the colt actually has rounds instead of the regular blaster that takes the energy around it to make it's next shot. This also makes it have a faster fire rate.

The blaster is supposed to be a last ditch weapon. This could potentially work, if you made it more like a real-life colt. (Make it deal 15 damage per shot, have 6 shots per clip, and give them 3 clips). The basic idea, is that it's a backup weapon, so 3 clips is the max capacity.

ANTI ARMOR ROCKET LAUNCHER: Or nicknamed by the humans "Claymore Launcher" the AARL is next to as devastating as the Lucifer Cannon. Due to its Anti Armor capabilities it can quickly put an end to a Tyrant in a couple of rockets, Dragoons in 1 if you can hit them. The reason why it's not as powerful as the Lucifer cannon is because the blast radius is very small because the rockets have a directed blast towards the head of the rocket so most of the explosion is focused on the target.

1. We already have a luci. We don't need more of them. 2. I would say that this could work with a ballistic trajectory, but we already have a nade launcher thread

GAUSS RIFLE: The prototype of the Mass Driver that was scrapped years ago is now getting a lot of hype because after a salvage team got assaulted in an abandon military base by the aliens and all they had to fight them with was regular rifles until one of them found a warehouse full of the Gauss Rifles. Now the Gauss Rifle is being mass produced as a marksman rifle. Sure it's not as powerful as the Mass Driver nor does it have a great scope but it has a much better rate of fire, firing 2 rounds per second makes it also good with range and close quarter's combat.
[/quote]Eh, a generic rifle without a scope and 20 damage could work as an upgrade to the machine gun. This would need to be playtested, imo. Price: 100, shot time, 2/3 second, clip size 12, clips, 4, damage 20.

MEDIUM ARMOR: An Advanced version of the light armor, adds more protection, allows 2% more ammo to be held. Reduces speed by 4%. immune
to ADV Dretch possession

HEAVY ARMOR: Advanced version of the light armor, adds alot more protection, allows 3% more ammo to be held. Reduces speed by 8%. immune
to ADV Dretch possession

These both offer little benefit, and make the game more complex.

BATTLE SUIT: Allows for max protection, has a built in battery pack, radar and thrust jets. Makes user invulnerable to balisk gasses and ADV Dretch possession also makes user immune to drowning and softens some of the blow of acids and lava.

[/quote]
So it's an invincipack (Thinks of luci+this)

PULSE TURRET: Like the machine gun turret but instead uses the same tech in the pulse rifle. This adds for extra damage against larger targets.

In this case, you have to think about balance; Would a pulse rifle turret really be the best idea? It would have to have unlimited ammo, and it would be very deadly, since you would need to implement lead-ahead (If the target continues at the same course and direction, I should shoot here). Maybe a las-gun based ret would be better.

CLAMP TURRET: Like to machine gun turret but smaller and does less damage but can be put on walls or ceilings.

And how would you implement this without wallwalk?

THRUST PACK: Like the jet pack but instead uses bursts of energy to move at fast speeds, usually used when trying to dodge a dragoons pounce at the last second or a tyrants trample or simply just trying to get the hell out of an area. Unlike the jetpack though it has an energy cell that needs to recharge after each use also you need light armor and above so your legs wont get charred by the heat.

This is quite interesting, though it needs some refinement. What if you made it like a super-dodge, that only went backward, and was aimed about 45 degrees from horizontal. (thinks of the sine gun in hedgewars) It would be a nice escape weapon, and be one-shot. So you could buy it at the armory for, say, 25 creds, and you could use it once. It would be a nice alternative to luci-jumps.

Well this is all I got today for some fresh ideas. Keep up the good work guys I see alot of potential in this game!