Alpha 25 – feeling the squeeze

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Ishq
Project Head

Re: Alpha 25 – feeling the squeeze

Post by Ishq »

Sourceforge fixed their issue. Builds are up on sourceforge, although chances are you will get faster speeds from the torrent.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

icaro440 wrote:

where is the link to the torrent (main page)???? http://www.unvanquished.net/download i dont see it.

Added it.

icaro440 wrote:

Downloading...Surprisingly, this is not going as slow as I thought.

Because our mirrors aren't as slow as sourceforge's. :tongue:

Note that this link always points to the latest torrent, so you can do nifty things like

Code: Select all

% crontab -l
@hourly /usr/bin/transmission-remote -a http://www.unvanquished.net/unv-launcher/current.torrent

to automatically download and seed the new version once it arrives.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

DwarfVader
Mantis

Post by DwarfVader »

hi there,

i have to say, that this release left a much more solid impression on me than the previous one. The install/update process was flawless on my xubuntu 13.10 installation. The new models look very nice, especially the drill is sweet. But i Do love the new 'build on' capability of the builderclass the most on this release. Whoever is responsible for that change: very good work, sir! :-)

Looking forward to a dev game with many people, to see if the lags are gone or at least less than the sometimes unplayable state of previous versions.

I truly hope, now that the filesystem transitions are done and the old render is finaly removed, the stability and performance will further improve. Even if it is still in alpha state.

Keep up the good work.
DwarfVader

SDS

Post by SDS »

Thanks for the Arch/AUR pkgbuilds.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

SDS wrote:

Thanks for the Arch/AUR pkgbuilds.

You're welcome, fellow arch user!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction