On the road to my Tremulous map pack

Ask questions about mapping in general, and show off your in-progress work.
illwieckz
Project Head

Re: On the road to my Tremulous map pack

Postby illwieckz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:50 pm UTC

The current status is “work in progress”, in fact, I want this project to not only release maps but also fix unvanquished bugs, enhance unvanquished and q3map2 and define a usable-by-everyone mapping workflow.

Working on this big project is an excellent way to track bugs (because the more map you try to port, the more bugs you face) and to see what must be changed to make the mapping work easier (because the more map you try to port, the more by-hand per-map workarounds appear as annoying).

This is why the maps are not released yet, they will be released when they will be buildable by tools every mapper can reuse and when the fixes they need will be fixed for every player.

This is not only an map port effort, it's an effort to make unvanquished better, with or without these maps. :wink:
Last edited by illwieckz on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Viech
Project Head

Postby Viech » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:25 pm UTC

Sounds awesome! :cool:
Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction
Tom
Dragoon

Postby Tom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:57 pm UTC

Great! Keep up the good work illwieckz! :wink:

Return to “Level Design”