How to create a navigation mesh

Ask questions about mapping in general, and show off your in-progress work.
icaro440
Marauder

How to create a navigation mesh

Post by icaro440 »

hello again guys, I have a problem with the navigation mesh generation for testing bots on my map, this is the first time I try to make one. I'm using windows xp (virtual machine), and I'm following this tutorial.

https://unvanquished.net/wiki/index.php ... Jump_Links

The problem is that nothing happens, even one of the parameters is not recognized.

Could anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Viech
Project Head

Re: How to create a navigation mesh

Post by Viech »

Did you use the windows installer or compile from source?

It is possible that we accidentially packed a pre-bot-merge daemonmap or that you compiled a branch without bots or disabled building of dameonmap at some point, resulting in an outdated version that doesn't yet know about bot related features.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Fuma
Programmer

Post by Fuma »

Hi
I'm the one who created the bots.

That wiki page is very out of date now.
I'll update it later today.

You don't seem to be doing anything wrong that I see, but the utility seems to be ignoring the -nav parameter.
Make sure you are using the latest release, and try again without -game unv since -game unv is the default.

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

Hey guys, thanks for the quick response.

Initially I tried to create the mesh using version 12, (yes yes, I know, but what do you expect from a guy like me, who still uses windows xp :))

Just try it with version 20, with the same results.

Viech: I have not compiled anything, pure windows installer.

Fuma: I also tried it without the parameter-game unv, obtaining the same results. Man, thank you for the bots. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ok, no problem, just wanted to kill a few defenseless grangers in the disastrous map I'am making :grin: :grin:

I guess I have to wait for future versions to satisfy my dark desires. I have no hurry.

You guys have done a great job. :beer: