Sound production!

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
RamblingTiger

Re: Sound production!

Post by RamblingTiger »

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-hind-audio/ ... ns/s-5Jmm4

This is what I did today. Only one I really like is the Lucifer Cannon (second sample). The others I am going to scrap and redo completely, but I decided to include them anyways.

Any feedback or insight is encouraged.

Jeff

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

These sound interesting. Did you try putting any of this ingame? I personally find it hard to judge a sound out of its context.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Sovarozum

Post by Sovarozum »

I didn't yet, because each alien still has the basic sound for lvl1, 2, 3, and so on. I was going to ask whether each alien will be getting it's own set of sounds per level or if I should just throw them in there.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Do you mean the advanced and non-advanced versions of the aliens? I think they can share sounds for now, we can apply some filter for the advanced versions later.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

GalacticDeath

Post by GalacticDeath »

Has talk about sound production been moved elsewhere? Or has progress stopped?
I apologize for not posting earlier but I've been tied up with some other projects and I don't like posting half-assed work.
Just want to let you guys know I've actually been working on some alien sounds. Will probably post something tomorrow.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

No, this is still the relevant thread but feel free to open a new thread for your set of alien sounds so we can have a more specific discussion. :smile:

GalacticDeath

Tyrant Sounds

Post by GalacticDeath »

Hey guys these are just a few sounds I've come up with for the Tyrant. I used the animation reel that was provided to me by Vlad.
Obviously some of the sounds are not in sync with the animation, but that's not the point.

Most of these sounds were made pretty quick, except for the roar in the middle, which I finished in the course of a few days on and off. Quite a bit of fx and layering going on in that one.

I know these aren't all the Tyrant sounds but I thought I'd show some of the work I've been doing.

I'm thinking about trying some Dretch sounds next.
Let me know what you guys think.

phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjMRRtMfg7s[/video]

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

This sounds pretty good, I like the roar and attack sounds! Not sure about the walking sounds, they sound a bit too clumsy to me.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Viech wrote:

This sounds pretty good, I like the roar and attack sounds! Not sure about the walking sounds, they sound a bit too clumsy to me.

I think the dying sound needs some work. It doesn't sound very much like a dying scream, more like an exhale. The biggest alien in the game deserves to be loud and flashy. The attack and walking sounds are fine imo.

GalacticDeath

Post by GalacticDeath »

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll keep working on some of those Tyrant sounds along with a few other organic sounds. I'll be getting a new mic condenser soon so I'll probably rerecord the walking and attack sounds to maybe get a better sound.