Weapon Position fixes

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
ViruS
Granger

Weapon Position fixes

Post by ViruS »

Well, I got bored so spent about 3 and a half hours on extracting this from my lolards visual mod... [try to keep it close to scripts only as possible]

Anyway, here i provide two versions: "Normal" and "centered." Not all guns are centered due to several reasons such as the mass driver would only block your view and you'd only see the scope.

Normal: https://sites.google.com/site/zdrytchx/ ... eapfix.pk3

Centered: https://sites.google.com/site/zdrytchx/ ... ntered.pk3

Screenshots:
Ckit Normal
Ckit Centered
Rifle Normal
Pulse Rifle Centered

Note: That is some sweet fps I got there... With md5 models and other high-poly i usually get around 20-30 fps.

README [part of]:

Code: Select all

Contents:

-Position fixes with some alternatives [in comments which aren't enabled] for quake-style centered looks

-Marauder/Basilisk icons are now more understandable

-Crosshair icons from E-Mxp and KoRx mod

-Hopefully, acid gas particles don't make your client lag to bits when you get too close to tubes

-Rant crosshair may look odd, but it's meant to represent the 'widest ranges' that you can swipe at [bboxes visually] if you can reach.

-Visual bug fixes, such as how mass driver bullets don't spread out when "particle bounce" is turned on etc.

-Some other stuff

Credits [where they came from]:

Crosshairs: E-Mxp [1.1], Z mod/LoneWolf [1.1], KoRx [1.1]

Sounds: KoRx [1.1]

Weapon positionings and bugfixing: Lolards Visuals [Unv]

Notes: If anyone requests, i can re-implement Rotacak's gore system and my "sparks" for human buildables and other things.

If you find something abnormal [apart from two error messages that say the psaw and acid particle systems already exist, they are just there because i overrid them], tell me.

EDIT: The statement in the readme-s that say:

with some alternatives [in comments which aren't enabled] for quake-style centered looks

is wrong for centered. I simply back-spaced out some of the "normal" settings. The "normal" file contains both, however.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Re: Weapon Position fixes

Post by seana11 »

This seems like a cool mod. It reminds me of quake.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

We are running on a modified quake engine though.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

That doesn't mean anything. Two games can have the same engine and have absolutely nothing in common gameplay-wise.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

True. All I have presented here are displacement/rotational values, nothing more. It's possible to do it on quake 3 A without external configs, but i don't remember the CVAR, and if I did, well i'd present it here :P

Actually, i think i did put a little fix on the flamer, because the old particle system took 100% of the user's velocity where the actual fireballs take 65% instead. Or something like that, can't rmember.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

edu

Post by edu »

Hello!

I'm a 3D artist and i want to take part in the game creation doing little things for example if is possible. I don't know what I need for start doing something. Please can anybody explains me what i need to do for start doing something?

Thanks you!

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

edu wrote:

Hello!

I'm a 3D artist and i want to take part in the game creation doing little things for example if is possible. I don't know what I need for start doing something. Please can anybody explains me what i need to do for start doing something?

Thanks you!

You should join the IRC channel and ask there, I think.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Or post a new thread... until this came up: http://unvanquished.net/forum/showthrea ... 4#post6114
Just post there for now...

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Chomps123
Dretch

Post by Chomps123 »

why not make a way so every weapon has a zoom like feature whare it moves the weapon model from the normal position then when u press the zoom button the model moves up so the sights becomes centered on the screen and then u can aim using the sights.

Don't just live life with work.
Find some time every day to have some fun. ;)

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Why?