TremGen: the random map generator

Ask questions about mapping in general, and show off your in-progress work.
illwieckz
Project Head

TremGen: the random map generator

Postby illwieckz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 am UTC

Hey @Tom, I know I come more than four years after your post, but I recovered the original subversion repository to make a git one :cool: , and I fixed some code to make it build on modern toolchains, so code TremGen code is now uploaded there: github.com/illwieckz/TremGen. :thumbup:

If I find time I will probably update the build process to use Urcheon to build the map, but I don't know yet if one day I will try to improve it. I just touched it because I was nostalgic of that era. :grin:

By the way we have a 0.51 release to publish :bsuit: so that TremGen stuff is really not on my priority list. :wink:

:advgranger: :coffee: :granger:
This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.
Tom
Dragoon

Re: TremGen: the random map generator

Postby Tom » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 am UTC

Hey @illwieckz,

No problem, I still wander 4 years after! :thumbup:

illwieckz wrote:[…] I fixed some code to make it build on modern toolchains […] I just touched it because I was nostalgic of that era. :grin: […]

I for one am also nostalgic of this era – Tremulous golden age – glad you have dig up this old gem! :wink:

illwieckz wrote:By the way we have a 0.51 release to publish :bsuit: so that TremGen stuff is really not on my priority list. :wink:

Wow nice! Can’t wait to put my hands on 0.51! :advmarauder: I agree TremGen is not something of major importance yet a good memory of the past.

Keep up the good work, see you in game! :granger:

Return to “Level Design”