Alpha 0.3.5 problems

Get support for Unvanquished.
Asvarox
Mantis

Alpha 0.3.5 problems

Post by Asvarox »

I have already posted about it here but thought I might do it here as well.

I upgraded the game from 0.3.0 to 0.3.5 on Windows XP (vanilla renderer), at first I ran the DeamonStart.bat file that was left from 0.3.0 . It ran the game, main menu screen showed up for less than a second, then everything went black for another second or two just to display main-menu again. Music didn't play, cursor returned to left top corner. It continued, I wasn't able to focus another window, the game kept focusing it self, so I had to reset the computer. Afterwards I ran Deamon.exe and everything went almost alright. The main menu showed up for a second, then everything became black for another one or two and main-menu reappeared and then game worked without any serious issues.

I thought it was a problem with the .bat file, but seeing it's contents I started to believe that it might be as well be a problem with first-run on crappy hardware PCs.

On a side note, what I've spotted as for yet:

• Dretch has human footsteps
  • In the "controls" option menu, some controls like "Gesture" (which I guess is supposed to be Taunt) aren't settable, whichever key I click, it still stays "???" and of course clicking the "bound" key in-game doesn't trigger the gesture.
Anomalous
Programmer

Re: Alpha 0.3.5 problems

Post by Anomalous »

The dretch problem has been fixed.

I don't know about your multiple-restarts problem; but I do know that there is a double initialisation on first start (/vid_restart) which seems to be platform-independent.

Controls menu seems fine here. Do you have anything installed (other than the pak?.pk3 files) which contains ui/ingame_menu.menu or other such files? (The binding which you mention is +taunt.)

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

Yup, I did /bind f +taunt and it worked fine, yet the Gesture control in the menu remained "???". I just checked, the ones that can't be set are "Activate Upgrade", "Gesture", "IRC Chat" and "Admin Chat". There are no extra .pk3 files aside from maps (all of them well known).

As for multiple-restarts, I will see if it wasn't the .bat file that caused it. Sending this post just in case I have to reset again ;) . Apparently it was indeed running the bat file that caused it hmm. That's it's contents if it's any useful:

Code: Select all

Daemon.exe +set fs_basepath . +set fs_homepath ./
Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

This is a problem with the builds. I will have new ones up as soon as possible. An experimental feature made its way into the alpha :(