Unvanquished 0.45

Get support for Unvanquished.
Fuggs

Unvanquished 0.45

Post by Fuggs »

I can't seem to get Unvanquished 0.45 working
I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit and can't seem to get it working, it keeps popping up with "Could not find default base pak 'unvanquished' "
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Viech
Project Head

Re: Unvanquished 0.45

Post by Viech »

Hello Fuggs, where did you get the game from? Did you download the .zip or did you compile it from source? The error means the engine can't find the game (assets and gamelogic VMs, shipped in .pk3 files).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Fuggs

Post by Fuggs »

I downloaded the zip

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

After you unzipped the .zip, there is another .zip inside it for your operating system. Unzip it such that the content is not placed in a newly created directory of the same name as the .zip but placed in the same folder as the .zip itself. Then, the binary you execute should find the pkg directory included in the outer/first .zip, which contains the game's assets and logic.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction