Minimizing

Get support for Unvanquished.
nyezek247

Minimizing

Post by nyezek247 »

Hi I use a use a windows 8 HP laptop which uses an Intel pentium processor and whenever i minimize the game in the start menu I always have to close the whole game before I can use the game again but if I minimize the game while am connected to a server it always comes back up and also while the game is minimized if you didn't pause the game always keeps on playing with out you and while its minimized the music or sounds from the game always keeps on playing while its minimized so

1. Is there a way for me to maximize the game back on from the start menu without shutting it down ?
  2. Is there a way that the game automatically pause when its being minimized ?
  3. is there a way to make the music or any sounds stops playing while the game is minimized

Thanks for reading and if there is any info needed please let me know thank you.

killing time
Programmer

Re: Minimizing

Post by killing time »

(1) Clicking the icon on the taskbar should work like any other program. Does it not?
(2) Doubtful.
(3) Open console (~ or whichever key is closest to being under Esc) and type these commands:

Code: Select all

/audio.muteWhenUnfocused 1
/audio.muteWhenMinimized 1
illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

I just add a comment to say that if you're not using a qwerty keyboard and if the [~] key does not work with your layout, just use the [Shift + Escape] key combination to open the console, it's expected to work everywhere whatever the keyboard configuration you have.

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

nyezek247

Post by nyezek247 »

Thanks for replying and the third solution for the audio worked but the others didn't but any ways thanks