Can not open alpha 0.43 at all.

Get support for Unvanquished.
Comet_
Mantis

Re: Can not open alpha 0.43 at all.

Post by Comet_ »

Quick inquiry. If he used a virtual computer and installed the game there and it worked, would it be easier then to deduct as to what is giving him the problem?

This just in a new modern art exhibit has just opened by "zest" highlighting the duality between human and nature/life. View sneak peeks of the exhibit here:

zest wrote:

http://imgur.com/gallery/riGTk/new

for your viewing pleasure...

On a side note, the color scheme in that second picture looks awesome.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Yeah, let's take a step back. Does this problem occur only in Unv? I think I might have asked before, but are your drivers up to date? Do you have one of those fancy dual graphic card computers where you can switch the graphic card the game runs on? If so, can you try to run it on the other graphic card and see if it works there? I'm starting to think this is less of a problem with Unvanquished...

I don't think running Unv is VM works because VMs don't support all the graphic extensions unv uses.

zest

Post by zest »

So i have never had this happen in another game, only in unvanquished.
Drivers are up to date, made sure again.
ill just dump some info here and you can tell me if its what your wanting.

Windows 8.1
Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.50 GHz
8 GB of ram
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphic cards: AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 8670M Dual Graphics

so yes i suppose i do have dual graphic cards. when i bought it, the store said they were cross fire so they worked together. I dont really know anything about graphic cards, so if you want me to see if i can run the game on one or the other, you'll need to tell me if it can be done and how.

let me know if you need more specific info.

Comet_ wrote:

This just in a new modern art exhibit has just opened by "zest" highlighting the duality between human and nature/life.

Nice to know im appreciated.

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

zest wrote:

so yes i suppose i do have dual graphic cards. when i bought it, the store said they were cross fire so they worked together. I dont really know anything about graphic cards, so if you want me to see if i can run the game on one or the other, you'll need to tell me if it can be done and how.

I've never used Windows 8 so forgive me if I might be wrong.

I once owned a computer with two graphics and I was able to switch between them by going to any executable file I wanted and right-clicking and then selecting my "Preferred graphics card" which was usually by default the NVidia card I had. Doing this actually fixed random problems in games that were card related so my hopes are high that you'll find out what's wrong. Hope I was helpful :smile:

Good luck!

zest

Post by zest »

i tried to do that on windows 8 and it does not appear i can actually switch the graphic cards. so i think that one may be a dead end unless im just not seeing how to do it.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Hmm, what other games have you tried? Could they be using DirectX instead of OpenGL? Perhaps try an OpenGL game?

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

It may also be this bug returning as it looks very similar in terms of screenshots provided. http://forums.unvanquished.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1585 This one was resolved, however.

zest

Post by zest »

Comet_ wrote:

It may also be this bug returning as it looks very similar in terms of screenshots provided. http://forums.unvanquished.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1585 This one was resolved, however.

does seem pretty similar yes. not sure if its exactly the same though.

Ishq wrote:

Hmm, what other games have you tried? Could they be using DirectX instead of OpenGL? Perhaps try an OpenGL game?

i dont know how to tell what the game is running with, all i do know is that direct x appears to be on my computer since i use steam, not sure about openGL, but im pretty sure its on here too. i have not had problems like this in any other game as of yet.

zest

Post by zest »

im sorry to take up so much time, but i just want to know if we have exhausted all our options here and are throwing in the towel. if its getting to that point just let me know. I understand from your end there is only so much you can do and im sure your very busy. Or if the problem is just being put on the back burner for a little bit while you use your time to address the needs of the many, then i cant argue with that, just keep me informed if you can.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

I'm not sure what else could be wrong. It seems like a driver bug tbh. That other bug was a bug on ATI hardware as well. I'll ask around more.