Walls / textures do not render (kubuntu 14.10)

Get support for Unvanquished.
narmada

Walls / textures do not render (kubuntu 14.10)

Post by narmada »

I ran across unvanquished last month, and attempted to install it. I ran into an error message but fixed it using this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1783.

However, when I started the game, many walls and textures were transparent. I decided to wait until the next monthly build, but the problem persists in alpha 38.

An example:http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/willi ... a.gif.html (note that colors appear correct for me; the graininess and color problems are a result of uploading)

I am running:
Lenovo t540p 20BE003AUS
OS- Kubuntu 14.10 utopic
Kernel- 3.16.0-33 (although I had problems with older kernels as well)
GPU- Integrated Intel HD4600

Code: Select all

glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"

returns

Code: Select all

OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2

Thanks for any ideas/assistance!

(By the way, I am VERY impressed with the quality of what the unvanquished community has produced, good job!)

EDIT: I added and ran intel-linux-graphics-installer-1.0.8, which added a bunch of new packages, but did not make any difference on my experience, even following a reboot.

Viech
Project Head

Re: Walls / textures do not render (kubuntu 14.10)

Post by Viech »

This looks like a known and fixed Mesa bug. Upgrading Mesa to 10.5 (potentially also 10.4.n for a certain n > 0) or downgrading to 10.2 should fix it.

See #465.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction