"Application not responding" on start + touchpad on laptop

Get support for Unvanquished.
jdraper12

"Application not responding" on start + touchpad on laptop

Post by jdraper12 »

I've been getting consistent errors whenever I start Unvanquished on my laptop running Ubuntu Gnome 14.04.
Basically, my environment freezes momentarily and then I get the "Application not responding" message (screenshot included). Once I click "wait", Unvanquished runs normally. Does anyone else have this problem? It's not a terrible glitch or anything just thought it might be worth flagging up as a little bug. I've yet to run via terminal to see if any errors get flagged up...

Another issue is that the game is overly sensitive to any touchpad input whilst in the game menu. Selecting items and options is very difficult as the lowest resolution of the pointer seems to be a few milimetres. You're not meant to play FPS with a touchpad I know :tongue: don't bite my head off!

Apart from this though the game runs flawlessly, although I wish there were more people on the servers!

jdraper12

Re: "Application not responding" on start + touchpad on lapt

Post by jdraper12 »

Just saw we're meant to report bugs on github, sorry!!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

jdraper12 wrote:

Just saw we're meant to report bugs on github, sorry!!

While GitHub is prefered (since otherwise, we might need to copy the report there), bug reports on the forums are also appreciated. :smile:

The application not responding message may in fact be related to high startup times. There are plans for a splashcreen that might mitigate the issue. The touchpad problem seems like an SDL2 related issue. Note that input handling has been changed with the introduction of SDL2, which means you will need to change the sensitivity to maintain what you may have experienced in older quake-based games such as Tremulous. You can use the "sensitivity" console command in case the sliders don't give you any results (I heard the new UI doesn't always do what it's suppsoed to do yet…).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I found an issue that corresponds to your touchpad problems. Feel free to add your observations there if you happen to have a GitHub account.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction