Get support for Unvanquished.
DwarfVader
Mantis

ASCII Garbage in kill messages...

Post by DwarfVader »

hi,

with 0.27 i get Image
missing font or something?
would be strange as the only font i recently installed to my system was the sdl2.0ttf font witch came as a dependency for unvanquished (libsdl2.0 pulls it) and 0.26 was just fine yesterday.

DwarfVader

Kubuntu 14.04

Ishq
Project Head

Re: ASCII Garbage in kill messages...

Post by Ishq »

Did you just install from the repo? Also, are you using cg_emoticonsInMessages 1?

DwarfVader
Mantis

Post by DwarfVader »

• cg_emoticonsInMessages is set to "1" > didn't touched that like 3 versions ago i think.

• the libsdl pkg version is: 2.0.2+dfsg1-3ubuntu1 > don't know where that came from, but i guess its the official pkg?. I just added the unv repo and apt-get install'd unvanquished and that installed unvanquished-common and libsdl2-ttf-2.0.0 as well.

besides the scrambled kill messages, the game runs just fine so i really don't know why im experiencing this bug. would be interresting to know if i am the only one who gets the kill messages like this? :confused:

DwarfVader

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

In the off chance that this has anything to do with SDL, we were forced to use SDL 1.2 for the Debian/Ubuntu packages for this release. This is due to a package problem with SDL 2.0, which is entirely beyond our control. Once it is resolved, we will be able to use SDL 2.0 for the Debian/Ubuntu packages again.