Getting error message when compiling after update.

Get support for Unvanquished.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Getting error message when compiling after update.

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

I was able to compile the source and run the program but after a git pull a few days ago, I'm getting following errors when compiling. I get this error even after a couple of more updates.

[ 0%] Built target al
[ 0%] Building C object CMakeFiles/cgame.dir/src/gamelogic/etmain/src/cgame/cg_consolecmds.c.o
/home/JOURNEYMAN/Games/Unvanquished/src/gamelogic/etmain/src/cgame/cg_consolecmds.c: In function ‘CG_MessageMode_f’:
/home/JOURNEYMAN/Games/Unvanquished/src/gamelogic/etmain/src/cgame/cg_consolecmds.c:689:16: error: ‘UIMENU_INGAME_MESSAGEMODE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/JOURNEYMAN/Games/Unvanquished/src/gamelogic/etmain/src/cgame/cg_consolecmds.c:689:16: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/cgame.dir/src/gamelogic/etmain/src/cgame/cg_consolecmds.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cgame.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

My system:
Dell Inspiron 600M
Open SuSE 12.1
2 Gig RAM
ATI Radeon 9000

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Getting error message when compiling after update.

Post by Ishq »

You need to disable compiling ET gamelogic. As of current git HEAD, it is disabled by default.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Disabling ET gamelogic allowed me to compile with no errors but when I try to run the result, I get "Error opening terminal: xterm." error. A window briefly opens and closes and then nothing else happens. However, I can run the game when I pipe it through more. This also happened previously when I was running older distro (11.4) but I was able to compile and run normally after updating the distro to newer 12.1. danmal from TremZ forum suggested that it is due to lack of curses. But updating to newer distro seemed to correct this problem, that is until I updated the game source.

danmal

Post by danmal »

That's a pretty weird error. A bit of googling suggests that it might be due to terminfo not being installed. I'd check to see if it's installed.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

I've checked and terminfo, curses and ncurses are all installed. I even compiled with fresh git clone but it didn't help. This is same problem as before upgrading to 12.1.

Missing libraries according to cmake:

CURSES_CURSES_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
CURSES_EXTRA_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

I've even manually pointed to the librariy locations but it didn't work. Shouldn't cmake give error when some libraries are missing?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Only if they are critical. Curses isn't required to play, you can disable it in cmake.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Disabling curses seems to have worked. Thank you.