Idea: Spirit insted of BP

Request new features or present your ideas.
lamefun
Tyrant

Idea: Spirit insted of BP

Post by lamefun »

Idea:

• Drills and leeches mine a single resource, called spirit.
  • They should mine it quickly, but drills should be more effective than leeches (to compensate for the fact that humans are slower).
  • There's a limited amount of spirit per unit of volume.
  • The spirit concentration is low (possibly with randomly generated spirit-rich spots).
  • Drills and leeches store the spirit they mine.
  • When a structure is built, the closest drills/leeches are drained first.
  • Spirit stored in a drill or a leech is not lost but goes to the enemy if the structure is destroyed.

I.e. if you mine your base empty, you'll have to go out and mine a yet unexploited area.

SantaClaws

Re: Idea: Spirit insted of BP

Post by SantaClaws »

Mining is fine, but please don't make it a player-chore. Leave it as something for the npc's to do. I play unvanquished to shoot aliens, not to do busywork.

It's probably easier to leave it as it is. Don't fix what aint broke.

illwieckz
Project Head

Re: Idea: Spirit insted of BP

Post by illwieckz »

lamefun wrote:

The spirit concentration is low (possibly with randomly generated spirit-rich spots).
If you mine your base empty, you'll have to go out and mine a yet unexploited area.

I like these two ideas. Giving mapper the ability to place the bp rich spots would give more power to him to design a particular gameplay (we can imagine that these spots can be storable in a layout like buildables). I like the idea of random spots, could be an option since having a default layout helps in building a competitive gameplay, so “optionnaly random” (note: I really like the idea of random generated things, at school 10 years ago we were working on a random map generator for trem…). We just don't have to forget that competitiveness usually requires known rules.

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.