Ammo packs and ammo/poison share

Request new features or present your ideas.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Ammo packs and ammo/poison share

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

I think the projectile weapons(rifle, shotgun, chaingun), can use ammo packs, same in function and limitations as battery packs for energy weapons. Ammo packs can increase either the each magazine capacity or the number of reloads (but keep the same magazine capacity), depending on the weapon.

Ammo/poison share is what the name suggests. If your teammate is out of ammo, and you have the same weapon with ammo, you can share your ammo with him. This could be useful during SD and the armory or the reactor is destroyed. For the aliens, you can get poison from your teammate by touching the poison boosted teammate. Some limitations may have to be implemented I guess. Such as reducing the effective time of the poison boosted state.

What do you think? Doable? Good/Bad Idea?

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

Anomalous
Programmer

Re: Ammo packs and ammo/poison share

Post by Anomalous »

Ammo pack idea is good, I think.

Sharing ammunition could be interesting. We could have conversions between different energy weapons, e.g. 50 lasgun shots = 10 luci units = 1 pulse/mdriver clip; not sure that this is practical between rifle and chaingun, though.

Sharing poison: time remaining would probably need to be reduced by some percentage.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

For projectile weapons, I was thinking more of share between same weapon. ie. rifle for rifle, shotgun for shotgun, and chaingun for chaingun. No share for flamers. They are too dangerous.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

Chomps123
Dretch

Post by Chomps123 »

well the ammo pack would give an extra clip to both flamer and chaingun

Don't just live life with work.
Find some time every day to have some fun. ;)