Resources Feedback

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Resources Feedback

Post by Viech »

We will update the development server with a new distance based rate decrease algorithm soon which is based on the pairwise union of spheres as I described above. The algorithm will behave like this:

If two RGS are built in the very same spot, the total generation rate will be as high as the rate of a single RGS. If three RGS are built in the same spot, the total rate would drop to 3/4 of the rate of a single RGS. For n > 0 RGS with identical origin the total rate would be n/2n-1. So building two RGS close won't give you any strong advantage or disadvantage (besides the redundancy if one of the RGS gets destroyed), but cluttering your base with many RGS will still let the generation go to zero. For that reason, RGS can also be used as a weapon against camping. If your enemys don't leave their base, you can build a number of RGS outside of it to deny their resource generation.

If a number of RGS are built so that the ideal distance is only slightly undershot, the algorithm won't penalize you anymore. All RGS will generate at nearly 100% efficiency.

You will also be able to see the efficiency in the health bar of a RGS if you build your client from the resources branch.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

They wil see it regardless, as I will put an updated cgame in the vms-pk3.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Occasionally, I can't seem to repair human buildings for some reason. It seems to happen randomly.
Human building repair costs BP, but even if there is no BP available the buildings can be repaired. Is this some kind of a feature?

Edit:
After some more testing, it appears that when BP is more than certain amount (5 ~ 7 I think), the building repair with ckit doesn't work.

Edit2:
After even more testing with foot on teh hill, we discovered that the RC cannot be repaired even with low BP available. Interestingly, the RC can be repaired only while a second player is repairing other buildings. There is some delay when repairing RC.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

That's a bug. I'll look into this. Thanks for the report.

Edit: Fixed. Seems it was caused by my inability to do simple math.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Requiring a minimum amount of BP in order to repair specific buildings is severely disadvantageous to the humans. If it's necessary to spend BP to repair structures, there shouldn't be any restrictions. The structures should be able to be repaired as long as there are free BPs. On earlier game today, there were 4 ~ 6 free BPs available, however, only structure that could be repaired were drills. All other buildings just couldn't be repaired at all due to them requiring more BPs.

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

BPs.

Build Points is already plural.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

StalKermit wrote:

Build Points is already plural.

I always forget that for some reason.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

Requiring a minimum amount of BP in order to repair specific buildings is severely disadvantageous to the humans. If it's necessary to spend BP to repair structures, there shouldn't be any restrictions. The structures should be able to be repaired as long as there are free BPs. On earlier game today, there were 4 ~ 6 free BPs available, however, only structure that could be repaired were drills. All other buildings just couldn't be repaired at all due to them requiring more BPs.

I agree, and this has been fixed. Further, it costs half the BP to repair a structure than it takes to build it. For instance, fully repairing an almost dead mgturret takes 4 BP instead of 8 BP.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Does building drill near leech or vise versa affect the other team's rate? I was playing as alien and reached stage 3 then suddenly was devolved to stage 2. I was going around the base and fwd to check if any of the leeches were destroyed but all the leeches were present. Only thing different was there were 2 to 3 drills built near the leeches.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Yes! Viech has noted this is an excellent attack vector to help keep your enemy weak since their resources input is decreased.