Your thoughts on the skulls in the base of the NEW egg model?

Post any feedback you have about the game here.

Do you think the skulls in the base of the egg make sense to you?

Yes, makes perfect sense.

42%

Makes some sense...

No votes

Meh. 50/50

No votes

Makes little sense...

13%

No, makes absolutely no sense at all.

17%

I don't care.

13%

What skulls?

17%

Total votes: 24
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Your thoughts on the skulls in the base of the NEW egg model?

Post by kharnov »

The thread and attached poll were not structured to generate a reasonable discussion. Instead, we got somebody drawing attention to some minor detail they disliked, and instead of a "yes/no/don't care" poll, that person attaches a group of inflammatory answers. This thread should never have happened.

I don't believe in censorship, so I'm not going to close the thread unless it gets particularly bad. However, to all of you involved, please keep this calm and civil.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Dandoombuggy wrote:

I really don't understand the hate.

Me neither, especially from other developers.
I think the skulls is a nice, creepy touch personally and am all for keeping them.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

seana11 wrote:

Having skulls in the alien eggs is really more of a hunting trophy.

Only that humans hunt eggs.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

… Actually, the base (as shown) is, so far as I can tell, too tall – consider that humans can stand in it (and if aliens can block telenodes, so humans should be able to block eggs). So it has to be shortened, and probably the top stretched to compensate ‒ good riddance, skulls! There's no room for you here!

Seriously: DON'T keep the skulls here. Make them, and other bones (alien too!), objects for inclusion in maps; maybe with some flesh, maybe with some bone eaten away (possibly by acid). These would be good things for scattering around an alien base, and possibly around the map – it is enough that they be in range of the creep (even if there is no real in-game use for them).

Creep is, to me, somewhat plant-like, and plants don't (can't) care what their food is… also, creep re-absorbing dead aliens, using them as food? Entirely practical: for one thing, less food for other species…

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Hmm... Why don't we get the moddeller to remodel it?

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Because it doesn't need to be remodeled.

It's a clear 9-3 in the votes (that's if we where actually going on these votes)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Khaoz wrote:

Because it doesn't need to be remodeled.

To me that's like saying that even if we model a compassion cube for the tyrant, we'll keep it because the model exists and cbf creating another/modifying the current one.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

ViruS wrote:

To me that's like saying that even if we model a compassion cube for the tyrant, we'll keep it because the model exists and cbf creating another/modifying the current one.

This makes no sense..

Just because 2 or 3 people don't like the egg doesn't mean we're going to remodel it.
As you can see a lot more people like the egg and can see how it would suit the aliens.

There is no need to modify the current one as a majority of the people like the current one.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Khaoz wrote:

This makes no sense..

Just because 2 or 3 people don't like the egg doesn't mean we're going to remodel it.
As you can see a lot more people like the egg and can see how it would suit the aliens.

There is no need to modify the current one as a majority of the people like the current one.

+1

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

ViruS wrote:

Agreed.

Also, the vote is considerably closer then some other people are saying… MISREPRESENTATION… then again, it's misrepresenting the situation anyway. “No” and “makes no sense” are separate, and that poll makes no attempt to represent that (and can not – two polls are needed for that).

I know this much: this model does not fit in. And I will use the old models if this one is included, very much in a you-can-stick-it kind of way.

Never mind this poll – the egg needs to blend in. It should not stand out at all in any ‘TARGET ME’ kind of way.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!