New human animations. (Alpha 8)

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

New human animations. (Alpha 8)

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

There is no human death animation. It goes from alive to dead position instantly. Also, it seems there is only one dead position, namely, facing the ground. In Trem human death, the dead human faces either the sky or the ground depending on how he was killed.

The human builder holds the ckit as if it was a weapon, which I find to be a bit odd and awkward. I think it would look more natural if it was held at waist level like the Trem humans do. I don't know if it's possible but having different weapon pose would look better depending on the weapon being held. For example, the chain gun, flamer and the lucifer cannon would be held at waist level, due to them being heavy and bulky or by the nature of the weapon.

The human sprint animation was rather awkward having the weapon at the ready position all the time.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

ViruS
Granger

Re: New human animations. (Alpha 8)

Post by ViruS »

Everything works perfectly on LAN servers for me.
NA:
-Human shuffle walks
-dies standing up
LAN:
-Dies properly
-Somewhat shuffles, but not that noticeable, like how trem 1.1 human did.
Both:
3rd person gun aims towards the left too much, worse than trem's human model did.

Btw, with the ckit, i've fixed the positioning.
If you don't want to download my visual mod, just copy the file from pak0.pk3: models/weapons/ckit/weapons.cfg
and find the variables and replace with these:

Code: Select all

rotation        0 0 -16

rotationBone      tag_weapon

posOffs           -11 5 6.5

It looks straight with that. Basically i just turned it and displaced it a bit because the ckit positioning annoyed me quite a lot [to the brink of using cg_drawgun 0]

Moving the weapon positioning is what i'm doing currently for my visual mod in two forms:
Centre (similar to the old classic 2d quake games)
Adjusted "normal" (Normal positioning adjusted so it aims straight)

I'm also doing iron sights for some guns, but they don't work for all since most guns by stannum in 1st person are somewhat incomplete i.e. they have holes. For example, there's only half a blaster.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Kynes

Post by Kynes »

ViruS wrote:

Everything works perfectly on LAN servers for me.
most guns by stannum in 1st person are somewhat incomplete i.e. they have holes. For example, there's only half a blaster.

I'd just like to point out that any properly made first-person weapon model should only include faces that the player sees when they are holding it because drawing the entire gun every time is wasteful. The third-person models are complete, and you might be able to use those instead.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

They don't play animations like reload and fire properly. All third person animations currently belong towards the human model reload animations. Right now its just a little duck and thats it.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage