Poll: gameplay changes so far

Post any feedback you have about the game here.

Which of the gameplay ideas do you like the most, so far?

Free upgrades
12%
Simple momentum
8%
Anti-camping
18%
Unlocked buildables
10%
Construct anywhere
18%
Build point pools
8%
Removal of stamina
10%
Simplified locational damage
14%

Total votes: 49
Viech
Project Head

Re: Poll: gameplay changes so far

Post by Viech »

The people voting for "Simple momentum": Do you actually enjoy the fact that killing enemy non-spawn structures doesn't give you anything, neither credits nor momentum? I think it's nice to have an additional motivation to do what sometimes needs to be done to break base. It's possible that a perimeter turret is everything you can kill with your current team upgrades and I don't see why it should feel more like a necessity than a success.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Lecavalier~
Dretch
Clan: Pk, Formerly DSPro

Post by Lecavalier~ »

forgot simple momentum:
This change I didn't like mostly because I thought the momentum system was already pretty good. With simple momentum, you can have a successful rush but not gain momentum from it because you focused on defences instead of spawns and that doesn't seem right to me.

krtv` wrote:

also hi cava!!!!!!!

Hi!

Last edited by Lecavalier~ on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Viech wrote:

The people voting for "Simple momentum": Do you actually enjoy the fact that killing enemy non-spawn structures doesn't give you anything, neither credits nor momentum? I think it's nice to have an additional motivation to do what sometimes needs to be done to break base. It's possible that a perimeter turret is everything you can kill with your current team upgrades and I don't see why it should feel more like a necessity than a success.

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

Lecavalier~ wrote:

forgot simple momentum:
This change I didn't like mostly because I thought the momentum system was already pretty good. With simple momentum, you can have a successful rush but not gain momentum from it because you focused on defences instead of spawns and that doesn't seem right to me.

Very much agreed. Especially with the dev team pushing forward bases on us with no more creep restriction. You should get momentum for destroying the forward bases even if there is no egg.

Also, motion to forcefully switch profile pictures with Lecav. All for say "Aye" all against with a "Nay"

Lecavalier~
Dretch

Post by Lecavalier~ »

Comet_ wrote:

Also, motion to forcefully switch profile pictures with Lecav. All for say "Aye" all against with a "Nay"

nay :thumbdown:

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

Lecavalier~ wrote:
Comet_ wrote:

Aye :thumbup: THAT MAKES IT EVEN BUDDY :wink:

On a side note I was just messing around. My last name is wolf so I figured a canine would be cool on the off chance you agreed :tongue:

Lecavalier~
Dretch

Post by Lecavalier~ »

Comet_ wrote:
Lecavalier~ wrote:
Comet_ wrote:

Aye :thumbup: THAT MAKES IT EVEN BUDDY :wink:

On a side note I was just messing around. My last name is wolf so I figured a canine would be cool on the off chance you agreed :tongue:

Maybe if you're nice to Kharnov he can hook you up :thumbup: