BOUT BOTS

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
AppleZ
Dretch

BOUT BOTS

Post by AppleZ »

I think there waytoo many bots to enjoy a game!
me and a few others went to a euro server to play without bots can i has admin or a command if i get a few players to get on the server?

Ishq
Project Head

Re: BOUT BOTS

Post by Ishq »

I'll remove bots once we can get a playerbase built up.

AppleZ
Dretch

Post by AppleZ »

can u atleast make it fewer bots?
Is there anyway we canshare i was playing earlier but it like didnt allow. Me to share.
Great job with the game btw im starting to u enjoy it.

The only thing that seemswierd to me is the goons face and the pouce the way it looks when it pouunces
Like every time it pounces the body. Looks stiff and the only thing that moves is the goons legs.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Can't you make it so that when a player joins, a bot spectates or something?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Yes, but that's unnecessary work for a short term implementation.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

Actually, something exactly like that was done in Smokin' Guns and it worked pretty good, even when you were waiting for other players to join you could warm-up with bots. I think it's more interesting than just sitting in spectators or building random bases. Basically "living" players were more willing to stay -> more likely that somebody else will join -> server is more alive. Handy feature for server operators in general.

I think that leaving 3vs.3 or 2vs.2 bots with that bot-removal-upon-player-joining thing (maybe bots could stop joining at all when there are more than 6 people connected) would actually increase the number of fully organic games played on the server.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

AppleZ wrote:

can u atleast make it fewer bots?[1]
[2]...seems wierd to me is the goons face and the pouce the way it looks when it pouunces
Like every time it pounces the body. [3]Looks stiff and the only thing that moves is the goons legs.

[1][2][3]i totally agree. The basi taunt is also spazstick since the first alpha, i thought it was gonna be fixed but i guessed wrong...
Can the textures for the marauder and basi change, they kinda suck... no offence... also the models...

btw, The tubes are also don't have cubic bbox, can you revert the size change? [also make the model smaller if it helps visually]

ops, sorry for being offtopic...

I have to say, i'd say 3-4 bots per team is more than enough, any more just makes it harder to rush bases and move bases etc... not to mention huge amounts of feeding... For every life i use, i expect to receive double the used credits/evos when i die.
Also, something wrong with the player counter, its been like this for a while, it says there is only 11 players online when no one is online, there are 12 bots.

The idea about players replacing bots is also a good idea, but what if all human players join one side? that'll create unbalance issues...

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

ViruS wrote:

The idea about players replacing bots is also a good idea, but what if all human players join one side? that'll create unbalance issues...

I don't think bots will complain

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Instead of spectators why dont they switch teams? The bots are extrememely easy to kill and if 6 people all went human they would face 12 bots potentially giving them a bit of challenge. We did this with 3 of us(anomalous and duke i think) and it provided an interesting mix up

Fuma
Programmer

Post by Fuma »

What about /callvote kickallbots ?
That's easy to do in the short term.

Putting bots on the other team when a player joins sounds interesting, and can be implemented easily.