Jet pack

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Jet pack

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Well, I like how the jet pack has limited air time, but having to use jump key to activate it seems rather awkward. Also, not being able to hover on a same spot is rather detrimental as a builder, unless there is another key bind that I'm not aware of. The new jet also seems to be more difficult to control.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Jet pack

Post by kharnov »

Use the jetpack to get yourself up onto a ledge or something with solid footing.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Sometimes there is a situation where there is no ledge to stand on. :frown:

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

If it's to place telenodes, it'll make it painful for your teammates to get down, and if it's to place defenses, it'll make it annoying for the aliens to take them down.

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

Could there be a way to make the jetpack operate a little differently when you have a construction kit?

Long live the legacy of:
[COM] [OPP] [ICE] =USA=
|AoD|[_MS} .!vR ?FH: .^
And many more...

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Actually, I wonder if the rate of ascent could be slowed down by holding the shift key, the one you use for walking.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

kharnov wrote:

Actually, I wonder if the rate of ascent could be slowed down by holding the shift key, the one you use for walking.

That would be an option. Still, I don't want the jetpack to be a magic hoverboat. Trem's jetpack simply had no noteworthy flight physics and was either frustrating (camping high enough) or useless (not camping high enough) in combat. Using it as a reference for ours is exactly the kind of nostalgia we need to avoid. If there is an actual issue with human building we'll find an appropriate solution but I think that the few build locations it makes unusable (very small ledges) are an acceptable drawback and that the fact that building in hard to reach spots now requires some skill is actually a good thing.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction