Interesting bot observations.

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
velociostrich
Dragoon

Re: Interesting bot observations.

Post by velociostrich »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

On Citadel, both the humans and aliens bots were trying to go through the closed stage up door. Only a couple of bots from either team were going to the enemy bases via front.

Reported; I noticed this, too.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Nexus6, the human base was moved to the tank hall. At stage 3, three of the human bots were just standing next to the reactor. None of the human bots were going through the alien back entrance, via pipe room, which is practically next to the new human base. Most of the aliens were hanging around outside the alien front door. The Tyrants were having some difficulty going through the pipes at the outside the alien back door. The dretches were able to get off of the platform on the alien base but one tyrant couldn't get off, at least on one occasion. Also, the tyrants were keep getting caught on the pipe at the inside the alien back door. They didn't back off and try to get around the pipe. They were just trying to go through the pipe. Also noticed that tyrant walking seemed a little awkward.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Karith, an egg was placed at the dark recess under the human top side entrance. One of the human bot was just standing in front of the egg doing nothing. The bot didn't even respond when being attacked by a granger.

On all of the maps, the bots have tendency to get caught on the wall protrusions, especially the human bots. They just try to go forward. It would be nice if the bots get caught on something, they turn around 90 degrees and then move. Do this repeatedly until they can move forward again.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I'm thinking the bot saw the egg, but it didn't find a way to attack it, thus making it confused. If I'm not mistaken, targeting something from the other team is set to a high priority.

I've also noticed bots getting stuck in wall protrusions. I'll try to see if this can be solved with a different cell size when compiling navmeshes.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

kharnov wrote:

I'm thinking the bot saw the egg, but it didn't find a way to attack it, thus making it confused. If I'm not mistaken, targeting something from the other team is set to a high priority.

I found it strange that the bot didn't even move when the granger was right next to him. Usually, the human bots "sense" alien nearby and turn around to face them and attack. But in this particular situation, the bot was just staring at the egg and didn't do anything until the granger killed him.

On Platform 23, there are no bots. :)

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Nexus6, one of the human bot was trapped inside the cavity between the stairs in human default base. He was keep trying to go through the wall and didn't even open fire when a granger was right next to him or over his head.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I already uploaded plat23-b5 navmeshes to SourceForge, so they should be up soon. Besides that, I'll try shrinking cell size further and using a smaller cell height for generating the navmeshes now.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Procyon, the human base was moved to the Lower Water Way. At some point in stage 2, all of the human bots were gathered around the armory and just stood there. At stage 3, they equipped themselves with Lucisuit and continued to stand there. They just didn't move at all until the end of the game.
http://picpaste.com/shot0002.jpg
http://picpaste.com/shot0004-XFL2tp1u.jpg

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Arachnid, once again the battle suits just stood still at base. Also, in the red hall, a battle suit and a marauder were just facing off each other without doing anything.
http://picpaste.com/shot0001.jpg

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Veddak, the bots didn't move at all. All the bots were just standing still in their bases. The alien bots just evolved where they were standing and the humans just upgraded weapons. I had to push two of the goons out the base to near human base and even then they wouldn't move.