Interesting bot observations.

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Re: Interesting bot observations.

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

It appears that structures that are in process of building don't seem to register to the bots. Also the bots react to the structures that are not visible to them, like the Nano example above.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I'm currently compiling some new navmeshes. If they work fine for the maps listed, I'll upload them to SourceForge and then they'll be on the main servers. Otherwise, Fuma is adding in some new navmesh code, so we'll see. Maybe that'll work better.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Alright, the navmeshes have been recompiled. They'll be up on the server shortly, you'll know they're up when it starts downloading navmesh-default-0.2.pk3. Please continue to report your observations regarding the bots on certain maps.

As a side note, we'll need to get a new default layout up for Nexus6. The reason that aliens are "broken" on it is because they spawn on the ledge. Until then, just build some eggs on the floor for your acrophobic friends.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

On atcs bots tend to go through the middle, rarely using the tunnel, which makes sense since it's faster to go through the middle, but usually real players tend to go through the tunnel

Aliens have a weird way of destroying human structures. Instead of attack them head-on they bounce around the place. Now, this is a good strategy for attacking the human base, but they do that even when they are attacking a lone structure when there are no humans around.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Just played with new navmesh. The bots seem to be more "active", especially on ATCSHD. However, on ATCS Zone Alpha, they exhibit same behavior as before. They just stay at their base and don't move anywhere.

On Wrectify, the alien base was moved to the plant room, but the human bots continue to going to the default alien base. Only two bots managed to enter the new alien base and that was it for the whole game.
It would be nice if one of the bots spot the new enemy base, the rest of the bots attack the new base.

On Arachnid, a goon was just circling a telenode without destroying it. It went on for more than a minute until finally he was shot dead by the human bots. One of the human bots was just changing his weapon continuously at the armory until I shot him to 50hp when he finally broke off to heal himself. The armory was under the stairs but the bot wasn't stuck or trapped. Also, at some point, half the human bots just stopped moving in the base.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40331962/unv/shot0002.jpg
All those 4 humans didn't shoot me, didn't move at all until I move out of this "safe spot", when I returned to it, they started to stand still again.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40331962/unv/shot0003.jpg
The lisk grabbing the bot is a real player, bot couldn't spot it, so lisk eventually killed it (yes, that took some time).

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

kharnov wrote:

The reason that aliens are "broken" on it is because they spawn on the ledge. Until then, just build some eggs on the floor for your acrophobic friends.

This should solve most of these wallwalk problems: Only activate wallwalk upon a spot where the alien actually NEEDS it (path specified for it, or during combat) otherwise leave it off.

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

One of the human bots was just changing his weapon continuously at the armory until I shot him to 50hp when he finally broke off to heal himself. The armory was under the stairs but the bot wasn't stuck or trapped.

Probably because he bought something 'illegal' that the bot wasn't supposed to buy...
This is kinda oftopic:
I get this bug on COW when i get 'bot-infected' and i try to buy a upgrade or gun the bots aren't allowed to buy, in the COW qvm they were not allowed to buy battlesuits and i bought one, i ended up stuck at the arm switching guns so i had to nade myself to death... [When i enter the game inside a bot's POV (caused by when i add the bot while my client loads, hope to fix this one day) and I take his name and IP/GUID, i have a few demos on it if you would like to see, it looks like im triggerbotting or aimbotting but in a shit state... its quite funny actually, you get a few advantages and disadvantages such as unlimited stamina but not being able to control guns likle lucifercannon, the bot shoots it for you :/]
Other times when i get the switch spam near armoury, i don't really understand.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

ViruS wrote:

Probably because he bought something 'illegal' that the bot wasn't supposed to buy...

why would this particular bot try buying anything "illegal"? stop making ridiculous assumptions please

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

From what I can observe, the bots buy highest possible class of weapons/equipment that they can afford. If they can't buy certain weapons/equipment, due to stage or credit limitations, they will buy next lower class of weapons. Now that I think about it, there may not have been enough space for battle suit to fit under the stairs. The armory was built all the way in, as far as it will go, right under the actual steps. That may have prevented the bot from purchasing the battle suit but he kept insisting on purchasing it.
Sort of like this.
Sell weapon/equipment -> buy battle suit -> buy weapon -> not enough space for battle suit -> enough credit for battle suit -> sell weapon/equipment -> buy battle suit -> ...... infinite loop.
Well that's what I think may have happened.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Citadel, both the humans and aliens bots were trying to go through the closed stage up door. Only a couple of bots from either team were going to the enemy bases via front.