Interesting bot observations.

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
Anomalous
Programmer

Re: Interesting bot observations.

Post by Anomalous »

They don't know how to use the buttons, and they don't know how to jump between platforms.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Shouldn't they at least move around within the boundary?

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Platform 23, the human bots were mostly campy and some human bots were hanging around the stage up door at the base. On the other hand, the alien bots were very aggressive and had no problem going into the human base.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Perseus, at SD, the armory at the main base was destroyed. However, there was a fwd arm and med some distance away and the bots were actually gathering at the fwd arm, one by one. But they were just standing there after equipping themselves. They didn't run back to base to defend.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

The bots seems to have become more aggressive lately, especially the aliens. The bots used to rush a couple of times and just stay in their respective bases, but lately, there's been constant rushes against the enemy bases.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

On Wrecktify, during SD, I was in alien base killing buildings from the ledge. The moment I killed the OM, all six of the aliens suddenly left base. I came down from the ledge immediately after killing the OM, but the aliens didn't even attempted to attack me. They just went out the door. I never felt so dejected in my life.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

I noticed that one of the bots have an alias of Ichi and listed as server regular. I checked further and Ichi is also an alias of Virus.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

I noticed that one of the bots have an alias of Ichi and listed as server regular. I checked further and Ichi is also an alias of Virus.

I appearently also have the aliases of

UnnamedPlayer#1 UnnamedPlayer#2 [BOT]FIREtruck
[BOT]Rocketman [BOT]sniperguy [BOT]zipzap

I have never played as any of this.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I used [BOT]ViruS, ViruS, Contra|*ViruS, Ichi (or Ichi-The blind samurai, the description is to seperate me from ks|ichigo, they are two compeltely unrelated characters) but never stole a bot's name using [BOT]<name of bot>.
Maybe its a side effect of porting from gpp's tremstats. Aussie assault's stats are fine, there's no weird aliasing problems. The statistics don't show your aliases on the website, but the stats table remembers your computer/user thingy (its not called a guid anymore, pubkeys were removed, so what is it?) so even if you're not registered, it still tracks your stats and changes your name as you do.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

The bots, when stuck on walls in their bases, only seem to try to go through the wall, even when the base is being attacked.

http://picpaste.com/1145f9ed7a234e9e279 ... b5eb09.jpg
http://picpaste.com/5d6a802d5c96711f76e ... a00a7d.jpg

The marauder on the first picture has been there for several minutes, trying to go through the wall. When the humans were destroying the base, the marauder didn't try to defend, even when human was near it.

The three humans on the second picture are trying to go through the closed stage up door, while the base is being attacked.