Your glory days of Tremulous

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
apseryberox

Re: Your glory days of Tremulous

Post by apseryberox »

Owning and administrating [W]onderland. Creating an awesome community. Also being in Increment clan and creating maps to HvH server in GPP, which I think I hosted and Teapot made the gameplay.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I liked Teapot. Where is Teapot.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

He's probably busy with is job, last time I saw him was in 2011-ish on a random occasion.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

That's unfortunate. You're also catching back up to me in post count. I must prevent this with another post!

DeathReaper
Dretch

Post by DeathReaper »

ViruS wrote:

Anyway, FYI Drazi is back, he said he's gonna re-host wonderland via unvanquished. Look forward to it :D

PARTY IN MY PANTS. Haha yeah Drazi informed me of this a few days ago and I'm still excited for [W]onderland.

Image Image

EmperorJack
Mapper

Post by EmperorJack »

Can't wait for some [W]onderland! Wonder was a part of my 1.1 glory days. FSW server was my GPP days.

EmperorJack

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

What was so exciting about [W]onderland? Can we reproduce some of its awesomeness?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Really, all it were was just 400bp, helmets and larmour upon spawning, repeaters at s1 (it was 1.1 gameplay), instant frags/funds (was changed to slow generation later on, but you lose all your frags upon death... I don't recall many incidents with base nade though), instant building and some other admin scripts i guess.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Meisseli

Post by Meisseli »

vape wrote:

Problem is the not who's organizing it, but the level of participation in this tournament. No Cadence, not that many ddos, and I'm trying to get people for us to play

We actually look like we're about to get a decent team around after almost two years of inactivity. Hope you do too.

2009 was a fine year with the all-time best tournament of Tremulous: the European National Tremulous League. Out of I believe 8 countries Scandinavia (Finland + Sweden) won. We had plenty of spectators due to server-side demos and TV servers à la Half-Life, and even with all the usual drama the tournament was a blast. I joined ddos shortly afterwards.

DeathReaper
Dretch

Post by DeathReaper »

ViruS wrote:

Really, all it were was just 400bp, helmets and larmour upon spawning, repeaters at s1 (it was 1.1 gameplay), instant frags/funds (was changed to slow generation later on, but you lose all your frags upon death... I don't recall many incidents with base nade though), instant building and some other admin scripts i guess.

Yes this pretty much. As much fun as all of those were [W]onderland also had some much different maps and they were very fun to play. I remember it being an all around fun server. A few base nade accidents here and their but !revert wasn't very hard to use either :B I cant wait for [W]onderland to be on Unv.

Image Image