new dretch animation

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Asvarox
Mantis

Re: new dretch animation

Post by Asvarox »

Animation itself is great, as always :P , really gives the dretch a life. But the concept isn't quite right for the class. It's the weakest (in terms of HP) creature in the game, it dies a lot, many weapons one-hit it. The rifle single bullet takes 1/5 of it's hp. Thus I don't think these "Last Steppes of the Dead Dretch" would fit in the game. Also, it'd look kind of silly if dretch died in the air (and they tend to). IMO those last 2 seconds (when it lays down) are perfect for death animation.

Also, is it possible to make dretch explode if 1-hit or something? That would make sense for dretches to explode after being hit with mass driver and it'd look cool, certainly.

Also2, death animations? I guess it makes sense for a dretch for optimization reasons, but I thought the game does have support for rag-dolls, doesn't it? Is it possible to "rag-doll" bigger aliens, like tyrant?

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

everything is possible nowadays :) And yes, you might be right about last seconds, but it's not the final version, so everything could be totally remade.
Thank you for your support!

InDeX

Post by InDeX »

Quite good, I do like the dretch death animation and idle animation, especially with those skilled dretch dance moves lol :d