Comet's Video Thread

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Comet_
Mantis

Comet's Video Thread

Post by Comet_ »

For anyone that's interested, I am going to be making gameplay videos and random videos of the game and I felt that making new threads everytime would be a nuisance so I decided to keep them all in this thread. Each post will have an alpha version number and title/description so you can browse through them fast.

The first video is on Alpha 45 and it is a full gameplay in my perspective. The full game was about 7 minutes and I thought it was a good standard as to what regular Unvanquished games look like with small groups (in terms of length and style of play). Sorry for the atrocious aim, it was one of the first games but it was such a close game that I had to upload it!

phpBB [video]
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Comet's Video Thread

Post by kharnov »

Hey, nice videos you've been making so far! Would you consider showing guns/claws for them, or is that too much of a hindrance?

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

kharnov wrote:

Hey, nice videos you've been making so far! Would you consider showing guns/claws for them, or is that too much of a hindrance?

Yeah! I will starting next time. I took off models for the post about the crosshair color and forgot I had them off. :tongue:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Cool! Do you think you could record during the dev games? Would be quite interesting to see different perspectives! :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

Viech wrote:

Cool! Do you think you could record during the dev games? Would be quite interesting to see different perspectives! :smile:

Ive recorded the last 3 dev games in my perspective but the first two had an awful quality problem that I recently fixed and the most recent dev game didn't have any super special games while I was playing (except for a few parts in the SpaceTracks map). I agree that more perspectives would be good and I'll be sure to include them!

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

The second video is the only game that I could catch today, but it turned out pretty good. It's a showcase of how quality of players in this game can tackle a quantity of players. Sorry to those that missed me in the dev games; I was driving for 7 hours today and I had just got home when everyone called it quits on the games. I hope to catch next week's games!

phpBB [video]
Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

A Perseus 2v2.

Highlights how to play 2v2s and what exactly are the shortcomings of games that small. My aim was really bad at first but got better as time passed. Sorry if it's hard to watch at times.

phpBB [video]
cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Post by cu-kai »

Nice video Comet, I just realised how many times I missed you with rant at the end too... :grin: :tyrant:

Web Raccoon

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

I didn't notice, I was still blinded from the glorious marauder plays that you made.

I would not want to fight your mara on a perfect day because you made my heavy and light armor feel like it was doing as much protecting as no armor would.

EDIT: On a side note, would you like to do games Fridays or Saturdays? I could give you contact info and we could set up our own little 1v1s. I also have a lot of stream followers who would probably be interested in joining us if we did.

cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Post by cu-kai »

Could do, just hit me up on IRC if you want a game or something. I may not always be around though.

Web Raccoon