Comet gives his 2 cents

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Comet_
Mantis

Comet gives his 2 cents

Post by Comet_ »

I want to preface this post by saying that everything I say is completely genuine and heartfelt!

I love this game. Tremulous holds a special spot in my heart because it is the game that made gaming more than a past time for me, but rather, a passion. I picked up Tremulous seven/eight years ago when I was still in middle school. One of my best friends at the time found it online and downloaded it. About six of us would go to his house or our school's computer lab after classes and play local games. This became so regular that we started to get good at the game and even take it seriously; however at the end of the day we all saw it as a game among friends. We played offline for 1-2 years before I even considered downloading the game on my personal PC at home. Jumping into any server in 1.1 or US1 in 1.2 was an experience that I found unique to Tremulous; throughout all of the games I played online, I got that same good feeling afterwards that I got when playing among my best of friends. No one got angry, no one was super toxic, and everyone said "GG" at the end in form of respect for everyone. All the clans/clams and fun times with the regulars are almost as cherished to me as those days after school playing with my friends.

Ever since 1.2 died, I haven't been playing (even though it was somewhat resurrected by GrangerPub). I think the main reason I can't go back to Tremulous is because I don't want to risk corrupting those memories or soiling the game for myself. The way I see it, Unvanquished is the future of this game for me and I truly admire all the hard work being put into the game even though there may not be any fat paychecks headed towards the devs anytime soon. I look forward towards the day this game is finally released and you can bet your sweet ass I'm gonna be here when that day comes.

Sorry this post is kind of random and unprecedented. I just want to send the devs my full support :beer:

By the way, if anyone ever wants to play feel free to add me on steam and hit me up when you feel like losing :wink: :
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cometisthebest

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Comet gives his 2 cents

Post by kharnov »

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback on the game, by the way.