Unvanquished-inspired music piece

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Lemaki

Unvanquished-inspired music piece

Post by Lemaki »

Hi guys!

Some of you might remember some guy named Mothman back from the good ol' Tremulous days, most of you won't. Well, this guy was me, and one Tremulous-related thing I enjoyed doing was covering the main theme : here and there
When I installed Unvanquished on my PC three days ago, I hadn't played it for a year, and the way it has progressed since really impressed me. I find it to be a really exciting project, and probably the best thing to have happened to Tremulous yet. :smile:
This game even inspired me to write some music, and I'd like to know what you guys think : http://www.mediafire.com/listen/m3tddxl ... uished.ogg

Peace and long live Unvanquished! (and its hypothetical forks :tongue: )

Tom
Dragoon

Re: Unvanquished-inspired music piece

Post by Tom »

Hi Lemaki! :marauder:

Welcome to the forum, it's nice to meet old players. :beer:

Your song is very nice: very dark and depressing – in the positive sense. :thumbup:

If you can, come join us this evening in game (like every Sunday evening) at 20:00 UTC/GMT. We play public development games. We are > 10 players usually.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Mothman sounds familiar, yeah. Nice track.

So you're a sound guy, right?

Lemaki

Post by Lemaki »

Thanks, you too.

I guess you could say so, even if I've never had a try at sound design.

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

Amazing!! :thumbup:

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Actually, if you'd like to try your hand at sound design, there's quite a bit we could have you work on.

Regarding music, that's also something we could use. I've long had an idea for a soundtrack for the game. You'd basically have the tracks playing on shuffle.

Lemaki

Post by Lemaki »

Thanks, Comet_. :smile:

Well, trying new things is always tempting, but I don't know if a newbie like me would be the best choice for a project like that. I let you and Viech be the judges on that. As for a soundtrack, I would love to contribute since I'm in quite of a creative phase these days.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hello Lemaki! Well the tough part about sound design is that we don't just need quality but also quantity. If someone is like "yep, let me just do every sound every weapon does in the game and top it off by creating different growls for different moods of a bunch of different aliens, no need to brief me on the details, I'll be back with consistent sounds in two months" then that person automatically has the job. We didn't find that level of masochism in a sound engineer yet. :tongue:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Lemaki

Post by Lemaki »

Hi Viech, I'm afraid you won't find that level of masochism in me. ^^ My studies are not the problem here, but all my side projects are, and I'm not ready to commit to yet another one. Maybe one day i'll surprise you and post a hundred sounds in this forum because I will secretly have worked on them, but I clearly can't promise that. :/

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

You could just pick a small handful of sounds, like making the tyrant sound cool.