Translation site?

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Vinus

Translation site?

Post by Vinus »

Hello at everyone!
I've been absent at these forums for a while (because of my studies, a health problem within my family), but now I've some spare time and I wanted to start a translation of the game into Esperanto (eo).
Sadly, there is nothing on the:
http://www.unvanquished.net/translate
site. When will the site be accessible and would a dev be so kind to make an Esperanto entry at pootle? I might also be able to get another persons to translate the game into Esperanto, so it would speed up the translation a bit.

Have a nice day! :grin:

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Translation site?

Post by Ishq »

We need to reconsider our translation infrastructure and strings to be translated before we push it out again. Expect it to be back up closer to beta so translators don't need to update their translations every month because we'll have less churn.

Vinus

Post by Vinus »

Okay, thanks for clarifying that :) I'll look forward to translate the game, when it will be possible ^_^
Also thanks for the fast answer!

Have a gorgeous day! ^~^

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Also, I don't think there's any decent translation web frontend. Translators should rather use an external application and if there are multiple for one language, I'm sure there's some sort of merging tool, too.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction