Alpha 30: Project of the Month Edition

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
DwarfVader
Mantis

Re: Alpha 30: Project of the Month Edition

Post by DwarfVader »

Viech wrote:
DwarfVader wrote:

hi.would lke to upgrade my existing 0.29 install, but https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/unvanquished/ pkg. version is still 0.29.0-1. Maybee viech could update the AUR pkg to make it official that a new version is out and ze various updatemanagers out there get triggered?

I updated the package right after the universal zip was released (which I need as a basis for the torrent release, which in turn I need for the unvanquished-data package). I wasn't late this time, the release post was just a bit early. :wink:

thx viech ...approximately 3 hours after my post pacmac updater suddenly said "ohh helllo - theres an update!" :wink:
upgrade went fine. no problems this time.

i noticed that the training server is gone/offline?
started it though just to have a look at the new armory. good work! looks nice! I love the weapon bobbing. feels good!
found one little "thing" - if you change the human weapon via mousewheel, the tooltip(tutorial mode text) changes but the icon selection on the left side doesn't.

looking forward to play a match or two. sadly i couldn't find a server with people on it just yet.

greetings
DwarfVader

Viech
Project Head

Re: Alpha 30: Project of the Month Edition

Post by Viech »

DwarfVader wrote:

i noticed that the training server is gone/offline?

It appears a bug slipped in where servers stop to report their existence after some time. Or something like that. We'll investigate and hopefully patch the servers soon.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction