Demographics data

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Demographics data

Post by kharnov »

This is all from Google Analytics and very self-explanatory. All that it does is make statistical correlations based off the presence of other tracking cookies, there is nothing personally identifying involved. If you have tracking cookies disabled, you don't show up at all. However, I would say it looks pretty accurate. Online gaming communities have a tendency to be internet nerd sausagefests.

Our average visitor is in his 20s, overwhelmingly male, likes technology and gaming and hardware, cares less about cooking and sports.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Demographics data

Post by kharnov »

Visits from every country in the world since the beginning of time, darker blue meaning more visits. Please discuss the implications of this data. Is it bad that we don't have any penetration into the Democratic Republic of the Congo?

OS interest over time, weekly. Note that since we forgot to add Google Analytics to the new forums until yesterday, the visit count from October and November is lower than normal, since it didn't have any data from forum visits.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I don't really understand some of those categories... Also, can you use different colours (i.e. rainbow like how they do on infra-red single spectrum analysis) for the countries or does google pick them for you? It's hard to tell between 1 and 100.

"Above 35" popularity would probably be explained by our retro engine.

How does google tell what category visiters belong to?

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

You are being watched. You are being tracked. There is no escape.

And that last graphic makes my eyes bleed.

gillux

Post by gillux »

What surprises me is the map of visits. The US is far beyond every other country. Unvanquished seems not international at all. It’s not English-centered: it’s US-centered. It makes me think that the language barrier is not what prevents Unvanquished from being more popular worldwide. It’s something else.

On the other hand, it could be interesting to have a similar map excluding the US, so that we could see more clearly the differences between all the other countries.