Spotlight: granger

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Spotlight: granger

Post by kharnov »

Finally, friend granger!

Concept: Khaos
Model: Casey
Animation: gavlig

The granger is the building form of the alien team. While humans are capable of using a construction kit to build their bases, aliens are unique in that they have an entire form dedicated to doing so. As such, the granger does not have much combat capability to speak of, mainly resorting to a weak bite and hurling blobs of creep. It can crawl around on walls starting around mid-game, allowing it to place structures in hard-to-reach spots. While the granger is rarely seen outside of an alien base, it has a great amount of personality and is cherished by significant portions of the community, with at least several members refusing to fire upon them. After all, it takes a truly callous individual to hurt a granger after hearing its gurgling and gazing into all six beady, black eyes.

Our granger will likely remain much the same as the Tremulous variety, considering that there isn't much leeway in designing a form meant entirely for building and being adorable. However, one change we are considering is removing the ability to wall climb and instead give the granger a means of firing structures at walls and ceilings, much like its current spit attack. At some point we might consider some sort of support ability, but for now, the granger will probably just remain the gurgly green friend that anyone can enjoy.

That wraps up the series of spotlight articles on the alien team, thanks for reading! You can also expect a big announcement coming soon.

Click here to read this article on the main site!

EyeLicker

Re: Spotlight: granger

Post by EyeLicker »

Friend granger is so amazing! so precious and pure. Full of love and everything that is hhhhhh.

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

The granger needs to be able to wall climb so it can accurately place buildings in hard to reach spots. spitting is a neat idea but I would be completely against it if it meant taking away wall climb.

ALSO

Shall we bring back E.G.G.s

Long live the legacy of:
[COM] [OPP] [ICE] =USA=
|AoD|[_MS} .!vR ?FH: .^
And many more...

edson

Post by edson »

no climbing:(

DwarfVader
Mantis

Post by DwarfVader »

Elmo wrote:

The granger needs to be able to wall climb so it can accurately place buildings in hard to reach spots. spitting is a neat idea but I would be completely against it if it meant taking away wall climb.

agree with you totally on this Elmo. please don't remove wallclimbing!!!

can you assure me that i will be able to "spit" an egg from the ground floor all the way up to the ceiling at the niveus map's staircase?

vcxzet
Dretch

Post by vcxzet »

docile

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Wallclimbing, keep.

Also, I always thought the "Big Mofo & Granger" couple were well-suited buddies. Afterall the person who model them is the same person, amiright?
Image :granger: :tyrant: :advgranger:

Dracone
Dretch

Post by Dracone »

EyeLicker wrote:

Friend granger is so amazing! so precious and pure. Full of love and everything that is hhhhhh.

Fried granger is amazing too.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Unfortunately, this doesn't work anymore:

(»After the meal: Use tusks as toothpicks«)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Kynes

hhhhhh

Post by Kynes »

i want to meet that granger