Hello new and old!

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
Comet_
Mantis

Hello new and old!

Post by Comet_ »

I've been lurking the site and not posting, but, due to recent happenings, I have a lot more free time and I feel like that time could be used better here on the forums contributing to a game that has a special place in my heart. So here I am vowing my time!

My name is Comet, but if you are an old school player you may have known me from my old alias "K1ng" or "K1ng S3v3n". I have been playing tremulous for 7 years up until 2013 when the gpp servers died and US1 was taken down. I am mainly acquainted with the gpp players, however I know a few 1.1 players from back when I played 1.1 5 years ago. Many of you might know me from being the leader of the clan "AoTG" or Alliance of The Grangers, and others might know me as the person who posted this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9NviVX ... SpcDuXmBpQ

(For those of you that know that video, I re uploaded it because I deleted the old YouTube channel while I was trying to delete the dumb Google+ shenanigans registered to my email.)

As a side note, I'd really like to promote Unvanquished through separate media such as streaming or video-making and I would like permission to show it (only reason I'm being cautious is because it is still in Alpha).

Viech
Project Head

Re: Hello new and old!

Post by Viech »

I know you as the person who posted that video! Hello and welcome! :smile:

You don't need permission to advertise the game to your friends or make videos/streams about it. The dev team just decided that, while we are in alpha, dedicated advertisement would be ill-advised as it might deter casual players who would see an unfinished game that's not particularly easy to get into. On the other hand, we need a decent number of players during our public dev games (Sundays 20:00 UTC) for gameplay and regression testing, so if you can reach out to former Tremulous players that wouldn't hurt at all I guess.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

Haha, thanks, I feel welcome! I think that's great and I can't wait to share this game with some of my friends/old trem players! I also think that Unv is just one of those games that is very entertaining to watch, more so than most popular e-sports titles and I would just love to see Unv succeed!

Looking forward to the next dev game, for sure. Can't wait to show you devs how it's done :tongue:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Comet_ wrote:

Can't wait to show you devs how it's done :tongue:

If you can beat Ishq (you may know him by one of his 99 other names) then we need you full-time for balance purposes. :tongue:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Comet_
Mantis

Post by Comet_ »

Well I played him quite a bit in gpp, but I'm afraid he was better than I. However, for the past year (an estimate) I have been constantly playing FPS games so I'm hoping at least my aim has improved.

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Hi Comet, welcome back. :wink: It's good to see old players.

See you at the dev game!