Development Game [ 2014-03-30 ]

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
Viech
Project Head

Development Game [ 2014-03-30 ]

Post by Viech »

Screenshots

What has been tested?

• Forlorn Alpha 7

• Kill assist messages

Statistics

Individual Matches

Gallery

Average

Average over the last 59 matches (2014-01-18 to 2014-03-30)

Analysis

Forlorn is getting increasingly more fun to play on. Now is the time to give more feedback to EmperorJack, otherwise I can imagine him starting the detailing soon.

Assist messages were found to be a bit spammy given that they use a line of their own.

Aliens were again dominating in terms of match victory. I blame it on a combination of the turrets now being too weak in late game and the advanced goon snipe winning long lasting resource games due to its reliability (reliably kill one turret once in a while without losing personal resources while humans permanently lose build points). In the short run I am hoping for the rocket pod to counter both issues. Eventually, I want alien attacks to be more similiar to human attacks through the perk system: Attacks should usually drain personal resources (risk of dieing, attacks with an evo cost) but have the chance to be a lucky/significant shot (area of effect).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction